Pukeora Venue - Overview
Located on a cliff top overlooking the vineyard with a stunning backdrop of river, rural and mountain views, the venue is a peaceful rural retreat.
Please Note: Due to Pukeora being placed on the market bookings are no longer available. We apologise for the inconvenience.
The venue is the ideal complex for any large group holding events such as:
- Weddings (Sorry, not currently bookable as we on the market)
- Sports Groups
- Trade Shows
- Group Workshops
or virtually any large get together.
We can provide delicious catering and bar facilities serving a range of drinks including our estate wine. Please enquire about the options.
We recognise the large costs that can occur with organising events we can in some cases allow self catering or, subject to certain rules, a guest organised bar (i.e.byo) option.
- Sleeping accommodation for 120 guests in 56 mainly twin/double with a few triple rooms with basin
- The large Turiri Room (346m2) seating up to 240 diners
- The large Ruahine Hall (308m2), with parquet floor and a stage seating up to 200 diners (or up to 400 seated theatre style)
(Note: Turiri Room & hall are connected by sliding doors. Can be used together or separately see Plan next page)
Ruataniwha function room (200m2) seating up to 120 diners (with great views and a balcony, works well as a bar area)
- Café: Great views for tastings, breakfast, lunches, teas, for groups -seats up to 80 in main area and mor ealong verandas
- Two large training rooms (75m2)
- Six Break-out/meeting rooms (20m2,24m2,24m2,38m2,98m2, ?m2)
- Commercial kitchen (with ovens, fridges, ample bench space)
- Heated indoor swimming pool (11m x 8m), can be heated to 35ºC
- Ample car parking/coach parking (150+ cars)
- Reasonable rates of hire
The cost of hire is based on the number of guests, length of hire and facilities hired. Approximate charges are outlined on the next page. Please talk to us to discuss your exact hire requirements.
Catering is provided by us throughout the venue unless by special arrangement.
Bar Pukeora Estate now has a full liquor licence for both on and off sales. We will organise the bar with our Pukeora Estate wine for your event (see Wine Sales ->).
1. The venue complies with fire safety regulations with smoke detection installed in the sleeping areas.(Note: Maharakeke accommodation wing haS no smoke detectors fitted. When used, overnight fire warden is assigned)
2. The centre is fully designed for the disabled in mind. These features have generally been retained.
Examples of Key Events hosted at Pukeora Estate
- CHB Festival - Annual art & craft event in September
- Waipukurau Rotary Club Sea Sky Bush walk - Annual event in March (2001 to 2015)
- Wine Country Quilts Exhibition - has been held every two years in March
- CHB Junior Cycle Tour - annual event in March
- Sport Fly Fishing New Zealand weekend - 2011, 2014, 2015
- Commonwealth Fly Fishing Championships (2008+)
- Vintage Austin Car Club event - February 2015
- New Zealand Air Womens' Association Rally - May 2015
- National Bryophyte (Moss) Symposium & Workshop 2009
- Italian Motorcycle Club annual rally
- BMW Motorcycle Club - hosted annual summer ride for several years
- Hawke's Bay Regional Council teambuilding week - March 2015
- Seminars - Rabobank, Vet Services, Coffey Davidson, Farmlands, Tectra,
- Dinners, Lunches - AgricultureITO, Manchester Unity, Ballance, East Coast Beef Council, numerous anniversaries and birthdays